Thursday, May 5, 2011

Wednesday dinner: an explosion of traditional Moroccan cuisine

It's Alae's turn for the dinner, so he already informed me 3 days before his first cooking challenge. But before his big day of cooking, we went out to shop some utensils which he will be using for his menu. The weather is not that good because it rains most of the time and  it's very cold.






this is the Tagine that Alae prepared, yummy!
The day before the dinner (Tuesday or Martes), I am still wondering what food will he be cooking, since I know that Alae doesn't prepare some local food for himself. What I mean is that he only prepares simple food for his everyday meal (sorry man, aheheh) and not the home cooked local cuisine like the Tagine with different varieties. And 4 and a half hours before the dinner, he called me just to inform that he is about to start preparing the ingredients, which I assumed that he already informed Simo about it. Alae asked me to call Simo just to know his confirmation for the program, but when I called Simo, he said that he cannot come because he is on his way to the south of Morocco to do some work stuff. To be honest, I am bit disappointed because we already planned this before Wednesday evening, but I understand since he has a valid reason and the good thing is he apologized.

This photo was taken while waiting for our friend Akram.
Doing some crazy stuff on the terrace.
Taking the dessert after the heavy dinner, I swear I will turn into
a whale is if don't start working out, hehhe! lol!
When I arrived to Alae's apartment, everything was about to be served, we just have to wait for Akram (our other friend). The table and chairs were already arranged for the the dinner. And for me, I am still thinking what did he prepared since Alae kept his menu a surprise. eerrrrrrrrr! It's a torture sometimes that when you are hungry and there's that thing that makes you think what meal was to be served, lol! When Akram arrived, we started preparing the food, and then it's that time that I saw the menu which is "Tagine" with potatoes, green peas, meat and I forgot the name of the other ingredients, but anyways for you to see the image of the food, I also uploaded it for you to see how great the food is. The green salad with tuna was "perfect" and tagine was great. Akram didn't stay long because he has some works to do. So while we were taking the dessert, Alae took his guitar to play some songs while his girlfriend was online listening also to some of the songs that he is playing. It's kinda late (for me) when I left Alae's apartment and headed back home, and I was so full and sleepy after eating. And the salad that he prepared, still lingers in my mind because it was really perfect. Thanks to his girlfriend who assisted him for the menu and "Sarah, si usted está leyendo este 'blog', todo lo que puedo decir es gracias por ayudar a mi amigo a cocinar para la cena. I am not sure if I made the right grammar with that Spanish phrase, heheh!
with my friend Alae, talking to his girlfriend online ;)

So here are the photos for last Wednesday dinner.





2 comments:

  1. de nada hubert!! mira estas hablando espanol perfectamente :) me alegro mucho por ti ;)

    ReplyDelete